About the Application
Joystick Mapper is an application for Mac OS X that lets you map keyboard keys, mouse axes, mouse buttons and mouse wheel to any mac compatible joystick or gamepad button/axis/hat.
In other words: This App will let you play any game or use any app with any mac compatible joystick or gamepad, even the ones that are not compatible with joysticks.
Some review quotes:
★★★★★ - "If your a gamer on a mac, you want this app."
★★★★★ - "The app is easy to use and makes a lot of sense."
★★★★★ - "Just the app I was looking for!"
A video showing the app working with a popular mac game:
Another video showing the app working with a flash game inside a browser, and explaining briefly how to config the app:
The main screen (1st picture) lets you select a list of previously saved configurations that are easily modifiable.
In the configuration screen (2nd picture), just select the joystick input (buttons, axes, dpads) and the desired output (keyboard keys, mouse movement, scroll, etc).
- Use any axis, dpads or buttons on your joystick to simulate keyboard and mouse;
- Map any of the 4 directions from an Analog Stick independently;
- Analog Shoulder Triggers can be used as buttons;
- Smooth mouse movement;
- Adjust mouse speed for analog sticks per direction individually, this can help with crappy gamepads;
- Any "weird" combination you want:
- Button/Dpad/Analog Stick/Analog Trigger --> Keyboard/Mouse/Click/Scroll;
- Ready-to-use examples, easily modifiable;
- Compatible with USB and Bluetooth Joysticks;
(If it does not explicitly say "Mac compatible", please check compatibility. I have a list of tested gamepads here, please help expanding it)
- Easy to use interface.
- A Mac with OS X 10.6.6 or higher;
- One or more USB or Bluetooth joysticks/Gamepads;
- Just a little bit of disc space.